today or any other day

Friday, December 23, 2005

Devilishly Delighted


I found out yesterday that a certain individual in my program failed last semester and would not be returning to the program. I know it is terrible to be glad for something like that to happen to someone, but I am relieved to say the least. The individual was a loose cannon and I felt that she could do an immense amount of damage to the vulnerable population that we work with. Of course the news came with a certain amount of delight because this person totally bailed out of a group assignment and caused a fair amount of drama in my life and I am... and always have been an ANTI DRAMA kind of person! I am reserving my full comfort that she is finally out of the program till school begins again, because this girl has an amazing ability to slide by! It is sick that I can almost see her thinking of and planning some kind of catastrophe that will hold her otherwise unaccountable for her actions once again??? But I guess I will just wear a half satisfied grin for now. Life has been pretty hectic and I have been just run run run all week. I have been having to go into my internship almost every day this and last week, and it sucks cause it is seriously cutting into my supposed VACATION! It is starting to hit me that four months from now I am going to be walking across a stage receiving my masters degree, and I still am no closer to having a post graduation plan than I was seven months ago before my program even began! I went to the company party the other day and the supervisor asked me what she would have to do to keep me in agency after I graduated... I didn't know how to answer her because I honestly didn't know where I wanted to be in four months. Ah well cross that bridge when I get to it! This holiday season has been the wierdest yet... I was somewhere today and saw a sign that said tree days till Christmas, and I just looked and thought oh that is wrong... but then I realized that it is true! My house still lacks that Christmas feeling (our tree is still on the front porch waiting to be put up) and just yesterday my mom pulled out some decorations. It is sad actually because this is going to be the last Christmas before my little brother leaves for two years on a mission, and it seems to be such a disenchanted Christmas. I got so busy that I broke the tradition of mailing my old teammates cinn rolls:(...I sent choc covered cinn bears to some of them instead? I will still make cinn rolls for the fam cause I have been doing that for MANY years, and it is fun and kind of therapeutic (plus my cinn rolls are friggin awesome!)... although the tradition mysteriously seems to have been borrowed?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home