today or any other day

Monday, March 13, 2006

"Well, then, I just HATE you... and I hate your... ass... FACE! "

Couldn't have said it better myself! I really do think that sometimes life is best explained by quotes from waiting for guffman!... For example I went to a show saturday night, and it is summed up by the quote:"It's like in a Hitchcock movie, you know, where they tie you up in a rubber bag and throw you in the trunk of a car. You find people." I guess a bit of the back story is in order... I was browsing local myspace artists, and came across one who was playing in a little tavern for free so I decided that I would go. I asked a guy I work with if he wanted to meet up with me with his partner, so I was sitting there waiting for them to show up. I looked across the small little tavern (and of the maybe 15 people in the tavern was a guy that I knew from high school who was sitting talking to the guy that I went to see play.) I probably stared a bit, cause I couldn't believe that that was him, and I couldn't get past how random it was that he was one of the 15 people sitting there! He was there with his wife and his two (little) boys...Who does that?, but that is besides the point! I didn't end up turning to talk to this guy till after my friend and his partner decided to head out, so I was sitting at an empty table right next to him. I was like Hi, I don't know if you remember me, but I just wanted to say hello. I complimented him on his beautiful family(Seeing his little boy kind of made me feel emotional...not sure of what that was about?) He said that he did remember me... I wanted to say yeah didn't you make my friends sister eat a popscicle stick!? I controlled myself though!(He was slightly psychotic when I knew him ,but he did a lot of growing up since I knew him...I think?) I asked him if he knew the guy playing, and he said that the guy playing owns a recording studio, and that he had wanted to record some of his music. It was kind of awkward after that and I just said well it was good to see you, maybe I'll see you around? Then after the guy got done playihg I went up to talk to him a little... through the amazing myspace networking I realized that he was going to be playing with another band I knew in Utah, and it appeared that he was hosting them in a couple months too... His brother is the one that is actually hosting the show, but freaking small world ya know! I think it is best summed up by another quote..."Well, it's like, how many babies fit in a tire, You know that old joke..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home