today or any other day

Saturday, March 04, 2006

I am constantly reminded that resolve is just as strong as a persons concentration, which can be distracted by mere distraction...and alas I am weak!

I ended up going to see memoirs of a geisha tonight solo style. I don't know if it was the film, or my mood that reminded me of the the good ole' lamphouse theatre...boy do I miss tuesday night movies sometimes! I heard that they are closing, which is so sad to me. I can remember the cute little excentric people that ran the place, and I remember how comfortable the lady would make me feel when I would come there by myself. It was almost like she was welcoming me to watch a movie in her own house. I can remember the musty smell, the creaky sound of the floor boards, having to pass the fancy restaurant (the kind where people would stick their pinky's out when the took a sip of wine)to use the bathroom. I loved browsing the video collections to rent movies that didn't only entertain me, they changed me.I do believe that the first time I ever went to a movie by myself it was there? Someone the other day told me that he didn't think he could ever go to a movie by himself... maybe if he were to be welcomed by the same woman behind the counter the first time he did it he would gain strength from her? Sometimes there is just solace in solitude...yet other times unrest. I am glad that I made the decision to go by myself I contemplated sending a quick invite via email but decided against it... I am sure it was for the best, cause it would have just fed my irritation when the invite was declined...I do believe that curiosity is a strong allure, but it only lasts long enough for information to be gathered...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home