today or any other day

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Ah funny...

I think it is pretty funny that as an intern I was the last to leave the office yesterday, and the first to arrive this morning. Yesterday was freaking long... I put in almost 12 hours at the good ole' practicum and when I got here today (at about a quarter to ten) the office was just as I left it last night! Office life around here is pretty laid back... there is no micro managing really at all and everyone comes and goes as they please. It is almost unheard of for people to stay a full day on friday (that is if they come in at all!) I had an interesting evening last night and I really learned a lot. I had a home visit of a client that has been a kind of chaotic case, and I am amazed a peoples ability to cope with stuff. I sat on the floor with this woman cause she moved in on monday and didn't only had one chair in the living room. Building a relationship with this particular woman has been slow going because she is really protective of her family, but last night I saw her open up and I got some information that was so valuable in understanding just why she does what she does. I am amazed at how well people are able to deal with with all the crappy stuff that happens to them! I have been trying to gather information on some post graduation plans... and it was kind of ironic that I got an email from the director of my program about a UK job exchange program... or maybe not? I emailed an old teammate about her experiences living and working in the UK and she had some interesting things to say... but I can't help but think that if I were to pack up for another adventure I would be putting other aspects of my life on hold... again where is my crystal ball with all the answers?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home