today or any other day

Sunday, November 06, 2005

It was the best of times it was the worst of times...

It's been an interesting weekend. The title is inspired from CES fireside tonight where president Monson spoke... man I really love that man! I have been stressing and running myself ragged with school for the last week trying to keep my head above water...and I tell you what if you don't take care of yourself, then usually you get laid out one way or another! I have been somewhat fighting a cold, and this morning I had a couple of meetings I was SUPPOSED to attend, well I was out cold, except for my little random dream featuring an old friend's zeal for Jann Arden music...then my phone rang at 12:30 and woke me up... Apparently if you set your alarm and forget to turn it on, it doesn't go off... go figure! It turned out alright, and I got some much needed rest! Yesterday it was a marathon day where I tried to get as much done on my stupid state group paper, but I just couldn't wrap my head around it, and I just wasn't productive. Then when we met up as a group, we didn't get much more done (on the paper anyways...) You see I found out that when you get three social workers together talking it becomes less group progress... and more group process! It was truly an invaluable experience of getting to know my classmates. It is amazing how quickly a bond can form between three women when it is safe to be vulnerable. I learned some valuable lessons yesterday and it felt great to have someone to just listen to me and really hear me. The whole experience has caused me to do quite a bit of reflection about some things. I also learned for myself that everyone has their story, and no matter what it is, that pain is real to the individual... no ones pain is less to them just because someone seems to have it worse. Pain is real if it is real to the person!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home