today or any other day

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Social workers should be able to effectively communicate right??????

In one of my classes there is a group paper assignment on a state's progress on initiating universal health care. Yesterday I got an email from a girl in my group saying that her and someone from another group had decided that they were going to switch the groups around and work together because "they had compatible working styles" and that was all that was emailed (and the first time that I had heard anything about a desire to rearrange groups)... Last night I talked to someone from the other group who had just had a meeting with the professor in which the situation was portrayed that certain individuals (the one's wanting to form their own group) had been doing the majority of the work in their groups! I was a little irritated because the assignment is not even due for another two weeks, and the portions we had agreed to be responsible for we weren't going to be putting together for another week... So I was like, how the heck can we be slacking if the agreed on portions of the assignment were not due for compilation for another week??? The best part of the situation is the other group, because two individual that had made contributions for the other state were now, two weeks before the due date, being (asked?) to switch... and not in good circumstances... DRAMA! Last night one of the individuals involved had the audacity to say to one of his group members that he wasn't responsible to babysit two grown women... I thought she was going to punch him in the face! She just threw down the state file that she had and stated that she refused to work with someone like him... I thought it was hilarious that the catalyst for this whole upheaval (the guy) said that HE felt that he had been blindsided? I think it is scary that individuals who can't even effectively communicate within a working group are going to be out there in the community with me [trying] to effectively communicate with clients :O!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home