today or any other day

Friday, October 21, 2005

One year older... and wiser too!?


It's official I am now 24 years old. It is weird to me to think back at what I (thought) that I would be doing now, six years ago... Back then I had never even considered grad school, and to be honest I wasn't sure if it was important for me to finish a degree at all (after all I thought that I would be barefoot and pregnant by now)... well I guess I am one of those...barefoot:) I think it is good that not everything turns out exactly how we planned it, because I don't think I would have penciled in some of the wonderful adventures that I have had over the last six years. Birthdays for me seem to lend toward reflection on accomplishments made since the last year, and the things that I never quite accomplished:(... weird that I am half way through a grad program that I wasn't sure I was even going to apply at my last birthday! I am excited to look forward to the future because who knows where I will be in a year! I had a pretty good day. I slept in and spent the morning in my pj's watching taped episodes of the tv shows that I taped this week. It was nice to take a little time off (even though I know I have a ton of reading to catch up on over the weekend!) Tonight I went to the geriatric theater (I call it that because the two friends and I that I went with were pretty much the youngest ones there...we definitely skewed the average age down about a decade!) Maybe I will remember the theater when I am thirty and am needing to feel a bit younger! The theater was decorated in classic 70's style: done in greens and yellows with old couches that smelt like my grandpa's house. It was quite the experience for my friend... during the show my friend got sneezed on by the guy behind her(which made me nearly laugh out loud), and on our way to the car she said the lady next to her kept picking her nose! Good times, Good times, and overall quite the adventure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home