today or any other day

Monday, November 07, 2005

behind the glass of the aquarium...


I was thinking today how students on a university are like fish in an aquarium... I was walking into a building and I looked around me and you see people sprawled out on the floor reading, studying, and sleeping. I couldn't help but think as I was looking around how strange that that behavior would be in another setting?! I am totally guilty of curling up in the corner of the library at school and taking a little cat nap, but how weird would it be to do that same thing in a shopping mall?! I have a little psychodynamic presentation next week in my interventions class and my teacher is so into creativity... which means we basically are supposed to entertain her! Our group is doing a frasier type skit with some celebrity characters: Jann Brady, Napoleon Dynamite, and Lorena Bobbit... and I get to be Lorena Bobbit!It was kinda precarious to look up that topic on the internet... you would be surprised, or maybe not at the the CRAP that comes up when you google Lorena Bobbit! I had to get some basic details of the incident which was really fairly informative... everyone knows the story from the myriad of jokes on the topic, but I didn't know the scope of the case. It happened 12 years ago, and although I remember it, I didn't exactly search out the details of the incident back then! All I remember is the crude little jokes and songs that circulated around the halls of junior high about... well you know! OK I digress back to school work...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home