today or any other day

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Murphy's law on short work days= If you have less hours to work with you have more work for the hours...

Today was CRAZY... I had an appointment off campus that I had to leave at 2:00 and I felt like I was running constantly to get everything done. My day in a nutshell: One of my girls is working her magic and trying to manipulate her mother into pulling her from the program (while pretty much challenging me and calling me a liar in the process), one of my girls was bragging about going to a gay bar over the weekend, and covered for a girl who went on the run(and because she is a special placement I got ALL kinds of heat about whether I was on top of the situation with her)... But I think the situation that tops them all was the family session that I had scheduled right before I HAD to leave. Let's just say that NOTHING in this line of work is predictable! The conversation started with the girl talking about changes she wanted to see at home, and after an obvious disagreement from her parents I had her wait in the hall so I could talk to them and then they pretty much talked about their dissatisfaction with their marriage and relationship. But that is not what was most difficult... what was most difficult is that her parents decided to tell her (20 minutes before I had to be out the door) that they have been having difficulties with their marriage and they had seriously considered divorce. I hadn't planned on dealing with that THEN and it was really hard that I basically had to tell this girl who had just been told by her parents that they have been thinking about divorce to hold in there do some journaling and that I would talk to her tomorrow cause I had to leave...IT SUCKED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home