today or any other day

Sunday, October 15, 2006

LONG weekend face painting at the slave-festival...



My work puts on a big fundraising festival every fall to raise money to sponsor kids through our program and I was partly responsible for the face painting tent. I have worked over 72 hours this week, and I don't get paid for a minute over forty (you got to love salary pay!) Overall It went fairly well. By the end of the night tonight I was sore, and my patience was shot, but none of my clients or kids I was in charge of ran away (which is more than what some people could say!) It was crazy how many people we had... the face painting tent made right around three grand yesterday alone, and at two dollars a pop we painted well over 1,3oo faces! I did more organizing and running around than actual face painting (cause the few times I actually sat down to paint it didn't turn out so hot!) so my feet are KILLING me. I am Sooooooo looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home