today or any other day

Friday, November 03, 2006

Drifting through the fever fog

I feel like a poster child for a cold medicine commercial... fever, stuffy nose, sneezing, coughing etc. When I woke up this morning I desperately wanted to roll over, go back to sleep, and call it a sick day... but no such luck because I had things I couldn't reschedule today :( I spent most of the day just wishing that I could curl up in bed and sleep. I think the highlight of the day might have been the couple of times that I had to excuse myself from sessions to go out in the hall to pretty much cough up a lung. We are not talking about a dainty little feminine cough mind you... we are talking a deep LOUD cough that sounds like I have smoked a pack a day for the last 20yrs kind of cough! I definately was towards the end of my patience rope at times... I don't know maybe it had something to do with me running a fever on and off during the day?! Despite feeling way past under the weather, the day ended up good. My first girl that I got on my caseload graduated from the program today. It was kind of sad, and I don't know if it has really hit me that she is gone yet? It is kind of strange that many of the girls that were here when I came to the program are graduating and leaving...the faces in the program are slowly changing to be replaced by new girls coming in. And now I think it's time to curl up in bed and put an official end to the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home