today or any other day

Sunday, October 22, 2006

I blew out my 25th birthday candles yesterday, and said goodbye to yet another year. I am now officially a quarter of a century old (approximately 1/3 of my journey complete of this mortal existance)I looked back at the blog that I wrote on my last birthday... I had almost forgotten my last birthday altogether?! I had a good birthday this year. My parents and sister came down, and although they weren't able to stay very long, the series of events and circumstances are sure to be memorable MUCH longer than just next year... Just as last year I found myself reflecting back upon the series of events that made up the last year, true to the previous reflection, where I am now could not have been predicted last year! Last night after my family had hit the road to go back home, I decided to take a little drive up the point of the mountain, and down the alpine highway and just drove and thought while listening to a local saturday evening radio show. I found some interesting look out spots over the utah and salt lake valley, and had to chuckle when I thought of the dire possibilities of when I decided to get out of my car and hike up this little hill to see what the look out possibilities were... all was well, but I did come a bit close to a large/deep whole that looked as if it had been dug for a foundation, I figured after that close call that I ought to quit hiking around in the dark on a construction site! I did find an interesting road that without really any warning just ended on the side of a mountain (it didn't even have a road sign with reflection tape) I wondered if anyone was unfortunate enough if not paying attention while driving in the dark could actually crash directly into the side of the mountain?! I wonder how similar life is to that road which ended without any warning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home