today or any other day

Saturday, March 25, 2006

CRASH...........................

I just finished watching the movie crash, and it has been a while since a movie has effected me like that did. I think the movie just hit me because it is so sad how real to life those perceptions are! I watched a nightline program the other night titled "what would you do", and I was surprised at peoples reactions to domestic violence, blatent racial predjudice, and bullying. I had to ask myself what my reaction would be to some of those situations. It reminded me of a situation that I had almost four years ago when I was in a van with my teamates. We were in heavy traffic and in a car next to the van a couple was having an obviously heated argument, when the man reached over and slapped the woman across the face. I think we were all just shocked to have just seen what we had seen, but when one of our teamates said that we should call the police we convinced her not to...Looking back on that that makes me really sad... I wish we had done something for that woman! I guess that is what makes life a human experience...we inevitably screw up, but maybe all is not lost if we learn from it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home