today or any other day

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Freak Coincidence or Bad Omen???



So I finished up my take out Chinese food tonight and broke open the fortune cookie in anticipation only to find it empty... I was sorely disappointed because I truly enjoy the entertainment of a good fortune now and again, and I felt slightly cheated. After I had thoroughly examined the cookie to make sure that it truly contained no fortune I thought about the possible meanings of the whole experience. I wondered if it containing no fortune was simply neutral because then the fortune was neither positive nor negative, but also curious if in the absence of a fortune it was making a statement of fortune that was non-existent? I suppose that if I were to suddenly die that it would be an indication that it was an omen of impending doom... but until then I am banking on freak coincidence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home