today or any other day

Monday, February 26, 2007

Interesting Irony...

I was in the kitchen tonight making dinner and trying to figure out how to tell my roomate that I was planning on moving next month, and then my roomate said: "um I just wanted to let you know that I am looking to move at the end of april to live with my old roomate in SLC" I practically laughed at the irony of her making that statement then and said "interesting you bring it up cause as I was looking at the total for next months rent and I was going to tell you I have been looking at moving closer to work" The conversation wasn't really awkward, cause it seems that it is what both of us wants, but I couldn't help but be a bit irritated that she said it first?! It is pretty stupid I know... but I was like that was my idea and I planned on moving first!!! I guess I conveyed that when I told her that I planned on moving before the end of next month, but I still couldn't help but feel a bit cheated, and almost like why the hell would she have any reason to not want to live with me... after all it is her that makes life around the apartment awkward!? I know that I am seeing her "inside the box" (thank you work required reading) but I can't help but look for justifications to feel the way I do about the situation? All in all I should be glad that I was able to easily announce that I was moving without it being a big deal. Now it is just time to focus on finding a new place!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home