today or any other day

Thursday, March 15, 2007

just a case of the monday's on a thursday!

One of the hardest parts of my job is dealing with parents and guardians. I joked with my boss that I think that they purposely gave me the most jacked up family situations cause it seems like every once in while I find myself knee deep in a situation that keeps me reeling as if I am trying to just keep my head above water and that was today again!!! I can fully appreciate that the parents that I deal with have gone through a tremendous amount with their children.... but what floors me is the parents that do not recognize their contributions! I am grateful for my internship experience because I think it helped me better prepare for dealing with "difficult" parents, but sometimes I get done with a conversation with a parent completely surprised that I didn't completely freak out! After the conversation today I found myself struggling with not having a short fuse with my clients. I get frustrated at times when it seems like I have clients that swarm me to give me the laundry list of things they want me to do for them, or ask me questions that I have already talked to them about...It is exhausting sometimes when I feel like sometimes the only message they want to give me is "hey don't forget to not forget about me!" Oh good thing it is friday tommorow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home