today or any other day

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Are there rules for terms of endearment???

I have been corresponding with someone that I met online for the last couple weeks... I know haven't I learned my lesson about doing that already?! I suppose it has a bit to do with boredom?! Anyways as we were texting back and forth amid his attempts to get me to come over and "tuck him in" he was dropping a few terms of endearment. First I am not really a fan of the whole term of endearment thing...there is just something about being called sweetie pie, shmoopy etc. that is just NOT endearing to me at all! Maybe it is my own issue but it just feels a bit patronizing? Maybe it has something to do with whose mouth the term of endearment is coming from?? Another thing I don't understand is why people in a relationship enjoy talking to each other like they are five year olds with a speech impediment. I don't understand why people feel compelled to appear to have some kind of developmental disability to be cute... slurring words, lisping, and adding letters to words that they don't belong in... um not cute you just sound like an intoxicated five year old with a speech impediment who spells like they are dyslexic! K off the soap box for now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home