today or any other day

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Interesting day of commercialized love...




The cookie pictures are compliments of my "brilliant" plan to make cookies for all my clients and co-workers. What I didn't anticipate was how LONG my little project would take me.... lets just say it was a multiple hour ordeal that went into the early AM on the day of love! It was a long day of work, but surprisingly enough an overall good pseudo holiday! I ended up having to stay at work till a bit after eight because I had to attend the first "community" substance abuse group that was coming out for our campus. Community appears in quotations because I work at a non-denominational christian based facility but the group was blatently denominational!
It was kind of akward because although I recognized that it was not how it was supposed to be I had to remain neutral so I didn't disrupt the group. It is an interesting balance when I think about it to remain religiously neutral in regards to dealing with clients...it seems fairly simple, but some people don't do so hot at it! Work in general was good today too. It is really great to sit with a client and to hear them process with such great insight. Watching them make connections and being into learning is nothing less than miraculous! I dealt clients that were on the opposite ends of the spectrum one talking about wanting to change and sharing an experience with getting over their resistance to prayer... and the other not wanting to work their program and telling staff that I can screw myself, kinda makes me laugh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home