today or any other day

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Holy Hanna... What a Week!



I went up with my clients for a rec challenge and spent the night with them on wednesday. The scary yellow smily's are compliments of confidentiality! It was a good time, but it was one of the weirdest nights sleep I have ever had. I had 11 girls in my cabin and I was responsible for them, so I felt like I was on hyper mom mode. I slept so lightly that when they talked in their sleep I practically sat up to answer them. I tripped myself out multiple times during the night thinking I had seen things. I learned that mixing work and sleep doesn't work out too hot for me! I got a call this morning in between snoozing my alarm from one of my clients parents (stupid me for giving out my work cell number!) I found out that one of the girls that had been doing well didn't come home and had relapsed. It is interesting that the first thing I thought was not how much I wanted to lay into this girl for making a stupid mistake, but rather I was hoping that she was safe and making sure that when she turned up that no one shamed and blamed her because I know she will be hard enough on herself. I have an interesting job...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home