today or any other day

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Happy birthday Helen Keller...



It was my grandmother's birthday today, and since my family was in town we took a trip out to visit her grave at the cemetary. The fact that there was around a foot of snow covering all the grave stones made it an interesting hunt to uncover the right grave stone, but we managed to find it fairly easily. It is odd to think that my grandmother would have been turning 78 because I never met her. It is also crazy to think that she died at the young age of 48, because the older I get the younger that seems! On the drive out there my mom shared stories about my grandmother, and as my mom was talking about my grandmother I gained a greater understanding of my mother and insight as to why she did some of the things the way she did when I was growing up. It is interesting how much a product we can be of our environment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home