today or any other day

Saturday, November 18, 2006

"Have you had just a really effed up day and then had a cigarette that just took you to your happy place?"

Quoted directly from good ol' barstool conversation from a man that asked me if I had any cigarettes three times. I had to laugh cause it really fit, and if was a drinker/smoker tonight would have been "one of those nights" Work was sooooooo draining today, and from noon till about seven when I finally left it seemed like things were just snowballing. I had some really draining family sessions, and when all I wanted to do was curl up on my couch and take a nap I had to attempt a smile and welcome the next one's in instead. What was I thinking scheduling so many family sessions for Friday afternoon?! NEVER AGAIN! I went to a really interesting show, and although it was another one of those solo events, it seemed for the best. I don't know if I could have enjoyed as much if I had talked someone into coming with me... especially since I just don't have any good fits in the friends circle at the moment, or a friend circle at all for that matter! It was just what I needed tonight, something that would calm my nerves from the day... but maybe that was all the second hand smoke? The music was so thick it seemed almost tangible, and it was chaotically hypnotic. It was like a guided meditation of loud noises, and body moving beats, and the first bands "exotic dancer" was good for a smile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home