today or any other day

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Good ol' Kilby

When I talked to my Dad today and said that I was going to a show tonight by myself, I told him that someone standing next to me wasn't going to change the quality of the show in front of me... that held true. It was an interesting night. The night started out with the self proclaimed grizzly man, but he was also a highlight throughout the evening with his amazing robot like gyro dance moves! Next on was taughtme, which I thouroghly enjoyed. Then it was snow cuts glass/please use ink and they put on a good show. During their set in walked a girl I thought looked familiar, and by the person she walked in with her identity confirmed. It had crossed my mind that I may run into old familiars, but after almost half the night was over, the thought had almost completely faded...then there they were right behind me. I was distracted momentarily with a flood of thoughts that acutely brought to my attention how cold the room was, and then I was able to relax and enjoy the music again. Running into them wasn't as awkward as I had thought it would be, but I felt like my reactions and actions were premeditated in order to maintain a previous as you wish. Last on was the curtains, and they were interesting (but good). It was an overall interesting night at kilby with the grizzly man's amazing dance moves, running into an old familiar, the spastic dance moves of a kid a few yards away,and a fresh coat of paint to cover up once scrawled nostalgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home