today or any other day

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Random happenings...

Life is sometimes perfectly unpredictable and random that the probabilities are unfathomable. I decided that I wanted to get pizza at Guidos while I was in town, and I thought I would head that way to pick up a movie and call it in on my way over. Apparently Guidos is a popular place on a saturday night, and when I called it in they told me it would be ready in an hour and fifteen minutes... I think most people would have been deterred, but I decided to head to the record exchange to kill some time instead of giving in to a less appealing alternative! I walked into the place and I saw the professor that I did my assistantship for (assistantship is another word for research slave, just to clarify!) I had full intentions to turn and try to duck from her eyesight, and hope to talk as low as possible at the counter so as to not draw attention to myself in hopes to avoid an awkward conversation, but sitting next to her was my absolute favorite professor from my program so I decided to suck it up and approach the both of them. The odds that I was there, and they were there at the exact time still blows me away! It would have been one thing if I still lived here, but I don't and this was the first time that I have been back in three months. Just crazy to have run into them in the 48 hours that I was here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home