today or any other day

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Who would have thought that Jesus would make an appearance at the Gallivan center...

In general people watching is my favorite past time because people are just plain fascinating. I sat down tonight to watch the live free entertainment, and happened to sit next to a man that appeared homeless who was visibly intoxicated. Here is a description to help paint a picture: he was medium height, very thin wearing a white veterans t-shirt and a pair of jean shorts. He had a beard long hair and a black eye. He was wearing a hat and tucked behind his ear was an unsmoked cigarette. In his pocket was a half drank bottle of what appeared to be lime coke?! He turned to me and said well hello lady, how are you. I smiled and said fine thank you. He told me that he liked my smile, and that I should keep it. I told him that I would try. He said something about putting the smile on my face, then he asked if I knew who he was. I said no, and he told me that he was Jesus. I looked at him and told him that it was a pleasure to meet him. He turned to me a few seconds later and asked if I knew who he was again, and I told him that yes I did, he was Jesus, because he had already told me. The focus was then turned to the music being played on stage, and Jesus forgot all about me and my smile. Then he stumbled a few feet away and laid down on the grass to pass out/fall asleep. When my friend came and sat down I made sure that he knew that he now sat where Jesus had just sat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home