today or any other day

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I will never be a "yes" girl



I had a good conversation with some friends tonight about my surrounding cultures ideals about dating and marriage; and came to the conclusion that I am surrounded by men that want "yes" girls... (the kind of girls that have no strong opinions or thoughts of their own, and simply agree and mold their thoughts and opinions depending on who they are with...oh and that are completely helpless and need to be taken care of, can't forget that!) The problem with that is that I AM NOT, nor ever will I be a "yes" girl! My friend had a guy that she worked with say that she was too into her career, and that she was too independent, and that men don't like girls like that...statements like those drive me crazy! I don't know why men expect women to sit around waiting to be taken care of... uh no thanks! I guess I have never thought of marriage as an institution to be cared for... rather than be cared about. Don't get me wrong I am not saying that there aren't give and takes in marriage, but I am prepared and expect to do as much giving as I do recieving. Maybe that is why the divorce rate in our country is so high...eventually women realize that they don't NEED men like they were brainwashed into believing from when they were little girls, and when they realize that, they also realize that they deserve more than a husband that expects them to be a "yes" girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home