today or any other day

Thursday, July 20, 2006

It seems recently that every time I feel like I have a good prompt or meaningful thing to write about on this here blog the time passes me by for one reason or another and I lose the moment forever to the busyness of life... I guess it is good to keep busy, and some things are best left undwelled upon... but I feel the loss of the moments nonetheless. I am at work and I needed to push my figurative reset button so that I could return to task and be more productive... so here is a little cyber expressed blah blah blah. About 20 minutes ago through my work cell/walki talkie there was network wide alert from a co-worker of mine that works on the same side as me saying they needed assistance in their office ASAP. I was the first one there (because I was the closest to the incident) and I come down the hall hearing them yelling and walked in on a pretty heated incident. The co-worker was yelling in the kids face and pretty much holding him down while his mom just watched in what looked like horror that the situation had gotten so out of control. I can't say that I completely disagree with my co-worker cause I didn't see what initially precipitated the situation... but it seemed like he got a bit on the out of control end of the spectrum?! I stood there wondering what the heck I could possibly do to help in the situation as other men came filling into the office... after about 5-6 guys arrived I turned around and walked back down the hall. I don't know the outcome of that particular situation, but I don't' think I will forget how the mom called out to my co-worker almost pleading for them to stop as they were yelling and pushing their child around... pretty sure that is a red flag that things got out of control?! I guess I should consider myself lucky that I have only been hit in the face once to date by a client...but I am sure I can look forward to many more escalated situations in the years to come..!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home