today or any other day

Saturday, July 08, 2006

post parting school depression...

I talked to a good friend today and it was much needed! It is hard when life seems to isolate you, and you feel like you have no control. But that is where my good friend came in... She let me lean on her for a while and bitch about the things I can't control.. (a piece of shit car that seems to suck the spontaneity out of life because even simple errands are a big pain in the ass!...The feelings associated with what we so fondly refer to as post parting school depression... then there is feeling isolated in a place where the only people I know are unavailable to me for one reason or another!) What was great about talking to her is that she helped me to recognize the things that I can control. (It is amazing the relationships that can be forged out of adversity... I love that woman!!!) I feel like I have spent soo much energy on the things I can't control that I am am worn out to the idea of taking charge of the things I can! I guess it helps me to empathize with those who are so jaded by reality that they disallow themselves the opportunity to dream, because all though I am not there I can see how quick the path there can be. Maybe because it seems that dreams will blind you just long enough for reality to both knock the wind out of you and kick the shit out of you at the same time? I guess it all comes back to balance... it seems that balance in all things will keep you from being tipped upside down...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home