today or any other day

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The hidden beauties off the beaten path...

I am currently waiting for my car to be fixed, and since I didn't have alter transportation I left my car there and took a little walk. I didn't get but a few blocks and off to the side of the road I could hear rushing water. I was intrigued enough to turn off the sidwalk and head down a little dirt path that lead to where the sound was coming from. It was a canal that that was being forked off into two directions, and there was a cement island in the middle right between the two waterfalls created on either side of it. The area is completely covered in trees and besides for the occasional loud vehicle barreling down the road you almost forget that you are less than 50 yards from the road. What amazes me about a hidden beauty like this is how often people pass by this spot never stopping... and never knowing what they are passing by! I am currently sitting on that cement island, and I don't know if I could be any more content just sitting here?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home