today or any other day

Monday, July 03, 2006

A series of unfortunate and fortunate events

It was an interesting day of car malfunctions... and key misplacements... and good times had by all! It all started out when we "thought" we had locked the keys in the trunk, so we borrowed my brother's car to make it to my neices baptism and when we were leaving the baptism the car wouldn't start! It was decided that the starter went out so we all piled into other cars and made it back to the after get together. We called AAA to get the keys out of the trunk and when the guys from AAA were just about to the house my dad found the keys in his front pocket... apparently sunglasses can hide a pair of keys in a front shirt pocket pretty darn well! All and all it was a pretty good day despite the various set backs! I had the "opportunity" to give the five minute talk about baptism at the baptism , and it was kind of neat because my neice was the ony one being baptized, but I learned (by the blank look on my neices face at times) that I could use a little more practice at explaining gospel principles in words that an eight year old can understand! My neice and nephew are arguably the cutest kids alive... they have these mice that they just tote around all over, and they are just so cuuuuuute! My nephew cracks me up, it is refreshing how open little children are and how uninhibited they are... they can teach us so much! ...and it seems that I have a lot to learn...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home