today or any other day

Sunday, July 02, 2006

sometimes emotions can feel one of two ways... either we feel like if we hold it in we will explode or that it will come spewing out like word vomit (I guess it is the outcome that distinguishes the two?) Last night I found out that I pretty much screwed up my laptop good. apparently you should NEVER take out a driver recovery disk in the midst of it doing its' thing! After my sister helped me... we got it working, but everything was wiped clean :( I keep remembrering things that lost were on my hard drive and it kind of bums me out, but eventually I will be able to put most of it back on. (It will just take me a while!) On a more human level I don't know why it is when we are able to predict certain things from people, that we are dissapointed when our predictions are validated? Maybe it is because sub consciously we are hoping that our predicitions will be wrong, but that doesn't change the intial sting. I was talking to a client the other day and afer the words came out of my mouth I thought, yeah I should probably work on that myself! It is hard sometimes to not take my work home with me and feel like I am still wearing my professional hat when I am "off duty" I guess I just need to make sure that I am setting that boundary for myself so that I don't end up exhausted... It is true that I have as much to learn as I have to teach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home