today or any other day

Friday, October 07, 2005

On your mark...get set... GO!


This week has just been fast and furious! I found out that my graduate assistantship involves me doing the literature review for two professors proposed research... which means that I am going to be starring at a computer screen looking up articles in the library for 11 hours a week, could be worse I suppose! I am staying at my current practicum placement, which I have mixed feelings about. I have no doubt that I am competent enough to do what their expecting me to do, but it is also supposed to be a learning experience (not just an unpaid work situation!) I have only had one real meeting with my supposed practicum advisor so as can be imagined I feel a bit abandoned out there just winging it!I have in the last two days taken on my first two cases... I am struggling a bit, at times I feel like I am in over my head! I am a little anxious that the professionals and families involved won't take me seriously, but at the same time I have the very same credentials that half of the professionals involved have... feeling a little unsure of myself I suppose. I guess I am getting ahead of myself, because I don't even meet with the first family until next week. Time will tell I suppose I will just have to fake confidence until I feel it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home