today or any other day

Monday, June 11, 2007

Happy Anniversary to me...


Last week I hit my one year anniversary at my job. I found it kind of Ironic that one of the girls that I have had on my caseload since I started chose to punch a staff member in the face. I guess he had it coming...he did ask her to get her homework out and change into her after school clothes???! At one hand I was super frustrated because I feel that I keep having to figure out what to do with her, but on the other hand it makes me sad that she is having such a hard time getting things together, and translating her motivations into actions. It was a rough week last week. I had two HORRIFIC phone calls with parents back to back which drained me and I was worthless the rest of the day pretty much. You gotta love it when your getting questioned as to whether or not you have legitimate credentials from the same man that called you "young lady" the first time you met him... ASS! It is no wonder that the girls I work with have such a hard time when their parents are the way that they are! I just have to remember the little successes when they happen, cause they are what makes it all worth it. I had group with my girls today to basically let them know that I am going to do a better job at setting boundaries. I have felt that with many of my girls that I am working harder on their program then they are... which translates into long hours and less over all progress. I didn't know how the group would go, but I feel that it was well received and my girls were able to give each other some good feedback... hopefully that translates into some tangible. On a completely different topic, I have just been thoroughly entertained because I was corresponding with someone that told me that they were in school as a Cuminications major... I seriously laughed out loud and thought, boy do you have a ways to go! I don't think it would have been as entertaining, but in the three 2-3 line messages there were multiple grammatical errors... it just makes one wonder?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home