today or any other day

Sunday, April 22, 2007

The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple. -Oscar Wilde

It has been an interesting week. You gotta love being a mandatory reporter! I finally made the call on Friday to report the sexual relationship of one of my clients with someone who was literally twice their age. Although I know it was the right and the only thing to do, it still didn't make it easy! I had to call my clients parents to give them a heads up that someone may be calling them to ask them questions this week, and when their mother was asking their sister about the person in question I could hear her not so positive response. Her mom was asking her about the person and she refused to give her any information because she thought it was ridiculous that we were reporting it. It is odd because I am almost certain that the person didn't give my client accurate information about their real name and identity. I can almost bet that this was not a first time offense for this person, and I hope that the natural consequences for inappropriate sexual relations with a minor catches up to them! I am looking forward to my vacation on Tuesday. Even though I am just going to watch my niece and nephew while my brother and his wife go on a trip to celebrate their tenth anniversary it is still my first official use of vacation time since I began working at my job! I am excited to relax on the beach and spend some time with the cutest niece and nephew in the whole world:) I am continually kicking myself for not using my vacation time from last year because I lost it all... a whole 8days of it! I am planning ahead and I am going to use all of it (with maybe the exception of five days because we can now rollover five days to the next year). I am finally realizing that we have the vacation time for a reason, because in my line of work you definately need a break and have to take time off for your own mental health!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home