today or any other day

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Twas the night before thanksgiving...


I went to the grocery store after work today to pick up a couple things I will need to make pies with the girls tomorrow, and I had the most entertaining conversation in the baking isle... a woman out of desperation when picking out a foil baking pan turned to me a man that were picking out our items and said " Have either of you ever cooked a turkey before, I am sure you have, I never have, and I don't know if this pan is too big." I talked with her a few minutes and then sent her on her way to find a turkey oven bag, and then the man that was standing there turned to me and said do you know what chestnuts are?I couldn't help but smile as these people were out trying to pick up the last few items to make their thanksgiving meals complete. The woman seemed so stressed out, and said that she was sure that her family would probably end up going to KFC she even said that her children asked her if they had working smoke detectors in the house! It is weird that I have been planning on working thanksgiving for the last month or so, and even though I am not going to be with my family I am excited to spend time with the girls I work with. The holidays are a really rough time for girls in treatment, and I am looking forward to making the effort to make the holiday special for them. I had planned on staying in Utah this weekend, but I was talking to my mom tonight and she talked me into driving up after work tomorrow...I guess I should get ready to drive to Idaho tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home