today or any other day

Friday, November 24, 2006

Good ol' conversations round the dinner table...

Sometimes the comedy of a situation doesn't completely come to light till you are thinking about it afterward! Yesterday I was talking to my brother, his girlfriend, and my sister and my brother was giving me a hard time about gluing my fingernail on(cause it was trying to fall off since I slammed it in the garage)... So I turned to him and showed it to him. (It just so happened to be my middle finger, and to guarantee that he got a good look pretty much just showed him that one!) We had a good laugh about it, but mostly from my brother's reaction. Today we were sitting around talking about playing games last night and how my little brother feels that every time he plays apples to apples with adults it somehow seems to always leads to references of sex, and briefly something was said about my gesture. Later tonight we were sitting around the table again talking and my brother joked about something being on his "finger"...My mom made it known that she was not impressed with the reference, and said something about referencing sex. Then the entertainment began. My brother and I were talking about how although the gesture and the word originated from a crude word for intercourse, that in today's use it is used derogatorily and not always in a sexual way. Let it be known that we were in no way advocating for using the word or gesture, but simply talking about how it is now defined! My mother with what could have been the most entertaining thing said ALL NIGHT said in her defense of it still being sexual that she remembered a weird kid she went to school who would "flip the bird" and say "Ya wanna?, Ya wanna?"The visual that I got from that was PRICELESS! My brother's girlfriend probably thinks our family is nuts?! My mom got kind of upset because we didn't see it her way, and didn't appreciate the humor in the idea that next time we were at a large dinner table gathering that we could just flip eachother off to indicate that we wanted something passed our way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home