today or any other day

Saturday, July 01, 2006

bruised + burned + broken = EXHAUSTED

It has been a really intersting week. I spent wednesday through this afternoon up at our wilderness site for a training and a parent retreat and it totally wooooooped me! I kind of felt like I had my initiation into the clinical team after spending the day getting wet and dirty with them (not to mention learning who bunches their t.p vs. who folds it.... and how that can be applied to how someone strategizes in the game of snowball capture the flag!) What is kicking my butt more than anything else is my shoulder... I feel like I am getting freaking old! I injured it FOREVER ago, but it still reminds me every once in a while that it isn't quite right... I feel like one of those guys talking about their old "football injuries" except mine happened cross country skiing. I slept on a floor that was about as soft as concrete and my shoulder HATES me for it! I have a high tolerance for pain... but sharp pain I can tolerate MUCH better than aches that just THROB! I think it is time to take some drugs and go to bed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home