today or any other day

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Old scars prove to be fresh wounds...

It has been a long and emotionally exhausting day rehashing old relational issues. I am not even sure how the conversation shifted, but it did and it proved not only exhausting but extremely frustrating. I think that the most frustrating part was dealing with someone that insists that their perception of reality is the only reality... no matter how many times I explained my intention their perception was the only reality that they could see. Assumptions are powerful things and they can completely cloud a situation making two peoples perception of the same event COMPLETELY different! It felt like I went round and round in circles and with hours of discussion managed to feel less understood and more frustrated than when the discussion began! The sad thing is that looking back I may have been the catalyst by sharing an observation that I had (which proved to be a MUCH touchier situation than I could have forecasted) to that I have learned that sometimes it is better to sit silently by?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home