today or any other day

Thursday, April 06, 2006

I don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs.

It was an interesting day... Rarly is everyone in the office at the same time for very long but today we were all there most of the afternoon (which makes it harder to get anything done, but it was enjoyable) It is starting to hit me that my time there is coming to an end :( I really enjoyed my visits today. I got to see my first client transition home, and it really felt great! It was nice to be able to visit with the youth instead of just the parents for a change. I have truly learned soo much during my time working with my families... It is true that a client has as much to teach as they do to learn! I am beginning to start transitioning my families to other workers because I will be leaving... I kind of feel bad, cause I really would like to be there for them through the whole process, but I guess you don't get everything that you want in life! I was dreading talking to a parent, because things really didn't go their way the last staffing we had, and I felt like our professional relationship might be on rocky ground, but I had a pleasant experience. I decided to just drop by rather than schedule an appointment she may or may not keep, and although she was guarded at first I felt like she softened up and recognized that I do genuinely care for her, and want to help her acheive the goal she has with her family. It is hard to describe the feelings one gets when they recognize that they have made a positive impact on another human being...but if I were to try it would be BLISS!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home