today or any other day

Thursday, March 30, 2006

I am sooooooooooooo OUT!

It is possible that I am acting a bit butt hurt, but I am really irritated right now. Before I headed out of town my parents bought a new mattress. I asked my mom what she was going to do with the old mattress, and when she said she was going to throw it out I told her that I wanted it. When I got home today I checked outside for the mattress, checked in the camp trailer, and when I couldn't find it I asked my mom what they had done with it. My mom said it was in the trailer, I was like uh I just checked the trailer and I didn't see it...I said where in the trailer, she said outside in the "other" trailer (the crappy hauling wooden trailer that we haul stuff to the dump in) then she told me that it didn't get covered and it got rained on. When I told her that I was frustrated because I had made it clear that I was interested in it she said that I "wouldn't" have wanted it anyways, and that I would be better off buying a mattress from DI....WHAT?????? I then told her that I am NOT interested in buying some strangers old mattress, cause that is just gross! Then I walked out the door. I called my Dad and left him a message later seeing if there was any chance of saving the mattress if it got covered and was able to dry out... He didn't feel the need to call me back, so when I got home I asked him if he got my message... then he said that I didn't want the old mattress anyways, cause it was old, blah, blah, blah... I said well thanks for making that decision for me, and went to my room. My mom opened my door about two minutes later and said we didn't make "your" decision for you, we made "our" decision: it was our mattress to do whatever we wanted with, and it was our decision whether to keep it and store it, or throw it out! My only response was Okay! I think my favorite part about the situation is that my mom when I asked her about it was VERY vague by saying it is in the trailer and it didn't get covered so it got rained on....when I went outside when I got home just to see where it was and if it had been covered, I found it on top of the trailer out by the wood pile (it did not look as if they had even thought about salvaging it... it was clearly on it's way to the dump!) I was ambivalent about moving into my friends grandma's house for the next month till this little experience, no doubts now... I am packing up my stuff TOMORROW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home