today or any other day

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Rita blows through cajun country...


I was sad to hear that Rita blew directly through Lake Charles today. I was thinking about the month I spent there working at Sam Houston Jones state park and my heart went out to all those living there. I feel so sheltered living in Idaho because I have never had to live through a major natural disaster...knock on wood! I have gotten quite a few emails from NCCC Alumni asking for all those Americorps alumnists that can to volunteer to go down and help in Louisianna and Mississippi... It totally sucks that I am in grad school right now, because I would go down there in a heart beat if I wasn't currently in school! I feel so selfish and self absorbed because I am disaster relief trained by the red cross and they are in such GREAT need for TRAINED volunteers, and my hands are tied by grad school!? It is not my time I guess...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home