today or any other day

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

first official assignment = done!

So I meet with one of the professors that I am going to be working with for my graduate assistantship to find out what she wanted to me to be doing, and she said: "Well today all I need you to do is take some books back to the library for me" I almost laughed outloud! (I was thinking are you for real?) I am supposed to be working 5 1/2 hours for this woman and all she had for me to do was take books back to the library for her?! ...besides the fact that by the time that she walked me out to her car and gave the books to me to take back she could have done it herself!... I'm not even scheduled to meet with her again for two weeks! So she had me follow her out to her car and handed me a stack of books to take to the library... and I did it(on my way I entertained myself about what I could do with the books other than putting them in the book drop)...I am such a bad person!... And that was my first official assistantship task! I think this is going to be an interesting 8 months! I'm not sure how I am going to keep track of the hours/get paid? I HOPE that I am not responsible to keep track of my hours because in that case I have .2 hrs down 150 to go!(it will take a lot of little errands like that to make up the hours)... maybe she'll have me wash her car or clean her house someday... if I'm lucky!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home