today or any other day

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Farewell Elder Hansen...


My little brother entered the MTC today. I didn't get to go down there because I had class last night, but I got to call him and talk to him for a minute while he was unpacking stuff out of the car to report to the MTC. I was at the office, and was lucky enough to get out of the my meeting in just enough time to talk to him before he reported. I had to walk outside cause I didn't want to explain to everyone why I was tearing up... I could hear him kind of choking back the tears and that was it for me! I rarely can see people cry without getting teared up myself... and if that person is my Dad... forget about it (there is no chance of holding back the tears!) I don't know if it has really hit me that he is going to be gone for two years... sure he is just going to Ohio, but it will be weird not having him around. It was kind of weird when he went to get his endowments out... I had never thought that he would do that before me, but I guess there are a lot of things in life that you can't predict. I know that my brother leaving on his mission is going to be hardest on my youngest brother. Those two have been so close, and in about a month when I leave my youngest brother will be the only one at home. I think it will be a really rough adjustment for him, and I think not having my brother around will probably impact him the greatest. It is strange to think that it has been 12 years since my oldest brother reported on his mission! A lot can happen in two years, but I am looking forward to sending him letters, and spoiling him with packages!... I didn't really write my older brother when he was on his mission(then again I was only 12) so I am looking forward to writing my little brother... I'm sure gonna miss him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home