today or any other day

Sunday, June 04, 2006

From the last frontier to the gem state...next destination= the beehive state!


I decided to post one of my "trigger happy" pictures taken from the view out of the window of the plane after alluding to them in my last blog, I thought it
appropriate to put one in. So I made it out of Alaska in one piece... not that it was an easy feat by any means (I think I managed to injure myself one way or another in each place we were at...ah the joys of being graceful!?) I had hoped to be packed up and settling in to my new place by tonight, but it just didn't happen, so I am hitting the road tomorrow. It is weird each time that I pack up all of my things in preparation to move that it automatically induces a state of reflection.......... I just can't believe all that can happen in less than a year! I think the weirdest part of this next move is that this is not temporary (each other time I have moved I knew that in such and such time I would be moving on to my next destination) now my move is a bit more permanent, and the next destination is unknown and too far around the corner to foresee! It is interesting to me how I tend to deal with major changes in my life... things tend to not hit me for a while, and it seems that often by the time it has hit me I am too busy adapting to notice?! A friend took me out to dinner last night and she kept telling me how excited she is for me, and how proud she is of the accomplishments that I have made, but to me it has just been a matter of putting one foot in front of the other, and of course jumping through the innumerable hoops that is our formal education system! I guess I feel blessed that things have truly fell into place for me time and time again, and the only credit I feel I can take for it is sticking it out! I am just as excited as I am anxious about this next little life adventure, but I guess no matter what the future holds all I got to do is put one foot in front of the other, and stick things out even when I don't feel like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home