today or any other day

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What happens when clients aren't at the center of treatment decisions...

I have been super frustrated the last week dealing with the bureaucracy of a ridiculous pissing contest going on between two departments about after care for clients leaving residential treatment...which pretty much has meant that the clients needs are taking the back burner in the decision making process, and the departments individual needs are superseding that of their clients! The most frustrating part about the situation is that I am pretty much not even a ripple in a tide pool as far as having any influence towards advocating for what supportive service my clients should receive! I also feel like I have been pretty much lying to my clients telling them that they would receive certain services that had previously been decided on... and now I am having to contact them, and say "just kidding, scratch what I have told you, cause that isn't going to happen anymore (and basically I have no idea what is going to happen, cause I DON'T have any say in the decision making process!)" It REALLY sucks because my plan was to have all my cases transferred this week... but instead I have to discharge my clients (which means I GET to do more paper work... my favorite!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home