today or any other day

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The carrot crusader...


I have read a few comedic lists of "you know you're a social worker when..." but tonight I have one of my own to add: "you know you're a social worker when you fight the social injustices perpetrated against vegetables at the dinner table" The situation was pretty funny, because it didn't hit me how I sounded till the words came out of my mouth. Anyways the story was we were sitting eating dinner and my brother picked up a baby carrot that was misshapen. My brother looked at the funny looking carrot for a second or two, then threw it out the back door. My Dad said what did you do that for, and my brother said it was bad. I then turned to my brother and said "it wasn't bad, it was just different"... as soon as I realized what I had said, and how it sounded, it made me laugh. What I had meant was that the carrot wasn't rotten or anything it was just deformed...but wow I sure sounded like a social worker! I just thought it was interesting at how automatically those words came out of my mouth! I guess I could say I am trying to fight social injustice one vegetable at a time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home