today or any other day

Sunday, September 11, 2005

And the adventure ends...


I got back today from one of the most amazing weekends ever! I not only got to see Tori Amos perform once....but twice! She played her concert on friday, and then played a set for a free outdoor concert in portland put on by a local radio station on saturday. She only repeated one song from her concert at the radio concert... she is so phenomenal (I totally have a woman crush on her!) She is absolutely amazing! During her concert she was playing her baby grand piano with one hand and playing an organ with her other! All I can say is WOW, other than that words fail me. Oh and our seats for the concert... SWEET.. we were 10 rows back directly in the middle with a straight shot view of Tori at her piano! I was talking to my friend because at the free concert before tori was announced we were talking to some people who were asking about her concert the night before. The man said "doesn't she tour with a band?"
She doesn't need a band to fill in for her music... Her sound is just so full and rich with just her and her piano. She is just so talented, and those who disagree obviously haven't seen her perform! The whole concert on friday was excellent. The Likes opened up and even though they are super young, they are really good. The Ditty Bops played second, and they put on a super fun show... if anyone has seen them perform the song "his head is too big" you know what I am talking about!Well guess I have ranted on long enough about it, and I should probably be doing something more productive since my vacation is over now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home